Nonprofit webdesign examples and best practices
I’ve been finding great inspiration in Non Profit Website Design: Examples and Best Practices from Smashing Magazine. It’s reminding me a lot of the prime advice I received in a webdesign session at this year’s NTEN conference: give clear action steps for everything.
1. Make Your Site Donor-Friendly
2. Make Your Site Media-Friendly
3. Make Your Site Volunteer-Friendly
4. Make Sure Your Organization’s Purpose is Immediately Apparent
5. Make Sure Your Content Takes Center Stage
6. Make Sure Your Website is Consistent with Your Other Promotional Materials
7. Know Your Site’s Purpose Up Front
8. Include a News Section or Blog
…and they have some great examples of good looking nonprofit websites.