Allston Brighton CDC
Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation engages neighborhood residents in an on-going process of shaping and carrying out a common vision of a diverse and stable community in the face of sustained economic pressures.
That vision is evident in community-led projects that protect and create affordable housing, create greenspace, foster a healthy local economy, provide avenues for economic self-sufficiency, and increase understanding among and between our neighborhood’s diverse residents.
There are two primary long-range goals of this VISTA project. The first is to develop a sustainable network of computer resource providers in the neighborhood in order to help low-income residents bridge the digital divide. The second is to link technology training to local employment opportunities.
The VISTA member will perform the following takss:
- Assist with teaching computer classes
- Identify resources in local area for additional classes and training
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Provide Allston-Brighton Community Computer Collaborative members with information about resources available to them
- Develop outreach materials for marketing classes
- Assist with publicity for program
- Maintain database of class participants
- Develop relationships with area employers to assist class graduates with reaching computer-related employment goals