A DIY Video workshop curriculum, outreach list and ticket images all created by corps member Tiffany Otoya.
An example video from students who went through this class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZklClZjMlA
Stop Motion Animation Curriculum for a workshop put on at Little Tokyo Service Center created by corps member Tiffany Otoya.
A website organized and designed by corps member Goda Trakumaite.
“We would like for this site to be a showcase that fosters the work, stories, and ideas coming out of and into the region (Buffalo and Western New York). We would like every viewer to also be a producer, whether it is of more video content, comments on videos made by others, or suggestions about how this site could be improved.”
Promotional video about Little Tokyo Center’s Digital History program to promote their new project DIY Productions made by corps member Melissa Niiya.
A Video & Social media Wiki developed by corps member Mike Ewing which acts as an overview of tools and strategies nonprofits can use to produce and distribute videos over the Internet. This includes a discussion of the use of social media and video by nonprofits generally and specific step-by-step instructions on how to distribute videos online.
Link to Wiki:
A promotional video for Brookline Access TV’s “Brookline Reads Video Contest”. Corps member Jessica Wholey wrote the script and did the voice over for the project.
See the video here:
The Media liaison will manage digital video library, train staff members on video and editing equipment/software, work with teh video instructor to manage the video program. The VISTA will also be working the LTC to film and edit community events that involve young people.
- Create, organize and manage the UTEC video library
- Record, edit and package future UTEC live events for addition to the video library
- Serve as primary contact for multimedia inquiries between UTEC, LTC, and other non-profits
- Assist UTEC graphic design team, as needed
- Attend video training courses as appropriate
- Started UTEC’s digital video library, archiving media from youth video projects
- Coordinated with LTC, the local cable access TV station, to develop youth media projects
- In the process of developing a curriculum and staff training program to continue offering youth media programs
- Successfully apply for and run the MIT/Astronomy project. Includes outreach, volunteer coordinating, and running the program over the summer.
- Successfully run the Kinetic City program. Including familiarizing herself with the curriculum, choosing participants, building relationships with the participants, teaching the class, and creating a presentation of the end result
- Create a CyberY operations binder.
- Create a digital movie with youth/teens about their life experience
VISTA’s major duties included full responsibility of computer lab and resources for the lab.
Thomas’ current duties consist of tutoring and mentoring individuals who are involved in various youth and community projects and organizations, and technical support for LTC’s various media and infrastructure upgrading projects.
He is good at working one-on-one with individuals and as a utility person on video projects. For example he helped set up and break down the mobile TV rig at a recent Lowell Symphony concert and at this summer’s Lowell African Festival. In between setting up and breaking down he participated as a camera man. He also has video editing skills and has completely edited a few TV shows highlighting community organizations, eg., a half hour show on (The Merrimack River) Clean River Project.
Tom has played a vital role in the LTC’s media work in a number of Lowell’s festivals such as the Lowell Folk Festival, the Lowell African Festival, the Southeast Asian Water Festival. He has worked as a youth project mentor with the River Ambassador Project, the Light of Cambodian Children project, Lowell Catholic High School’s media project, the UMass Lowell GEAR-UP summer project, the United Teen Equality Project and others. He has helps with one-on-one tutoring of new producers involved in two or three religious organization’s TV shows. He has helped out in our vast infrastructure upgrading program as well.